VivaCell-MTS covers 78% of Armenian market

VivaCell-MTS covers 78% of Armenian market

YEREVAN, January 29. /ARKA/. The VivaCell-MTS mobile operator covers 78% of the Armenian market against 73% in 2007, Ralph Yirikian, CEO, VivaCell-MTS, told reporters.

He said that the number of the company’s customers had reached 2.02mln by the end of last year – an increase of 46.2% as compared with 2007. Thus the company has become leader on the telecommunication market. Last year the company enlarged its product line, rate schedule and sales.

“During the period under review, we managed to develop our network up to 2.5G, installed over 750 base stations in all the Armenian regions, which allows us to cover 99.2% of Armenia’s residential zone,” Yirikian said.

He attributed the company’s success to the 95 customer service centers – 82 stationary and 13 mobile ones - in different Armenian cities, which has for the first time been done in Armenia.

Yirikian also reported that the company registered good financial results, which will be published. However, the company tops the list of Armenia’s 300 largest taxpayers for 2008, its assignments to the state budget totaling 30.8bln AMD against 15.5bln AMD in 2007.

VivaCell-MTS (K-Telecom CJSC) is Armenia’s leading mobile operator. The company provides a wide range of voice and data transmission services in Armenia’s entire territory. It has GSM 900/1800 licenses effective until 2019.

Russia’s largest mobile operator, Mobile Telesystems OJSC, holds 80% of VivaCell-MTS stock, with the rest 20% held by Fattouch Group, Lebanon. By the end of last year, VivaCell-MTS customers had numbered 2.02mln. –0--

00:23 30.01.2009





 

« August 2017

Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
 
 
 


Username:
Password:

Registration
If you are new on the site, please fill out the registration form.

Enter the website you can use your account on any of the following services.

×